Wednesday 9 November 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Yes I know it's not Tuesday, but I started writing this on tuesday so hoping that counts......


1.Today was vaccination day in our house. Willow cried lots, but after cuddles, milk and calpol were administered smiles returned and tears were left behind.


2. At the said visit for the injections, Willow had a little crawl around the waiting room, and decided to do a little bit of 'sorting out' of the leaflets stand. The chlamydia info sheet was her leaflet of choice, so they were strewn all around and crushed and crawled on. Never too early to start sex ed ey ........?


3. My lovely Mum came to stay last night, she left this afternoon, and left behind flowers, a cleaner kitchen and a happier Daughter and Granddaughter. She's a legend my Mum.


4.Tortilini, it's pasta, but with a little treat inside it. But the treat often tastes a bit weird. Not sure I like it.


5.There are lots of money off vouchers written on bits of paper, floating around our house. But they NEVER EVER seem to be where they need to be at the right time to actually be of any use. It drives me mad ! - Their presence in my purse or on the kitchen table serve as a constant reminder that I'm wasting money, But am I ? Maybe my lack of organisation in using these blessed things is more a stab at remaining in control of when/where and how I spend our money ? Or maybe, just maybe it's because our house runs on a pretty thin tightrope of coping with daily life, and the saving 5p here and there really isn't as important as our sanity ....... 


6. I have lately been feeding my ever present desire to travel to South East Asia. A little look at some photos like these.... 

and a little gander at flight prices, are all contributing to my theoretical plans. What on earth makes me think I would have the energy to go backpacking around Vietnam i don't know, never mind with a 1 year old in tow.
But a girls gotta dream ey.




7.We have had an addition of one of these into our house lately.




Yes it is a pink monstrosity, but boy does it get used a lot. Whoever designed this eyesore knew what they were doing. If you have a lively 1 year old, i'd recommend one of these. They can get on it on their own, so you can lay on the sofa and watch them - no action required.




8. Stumbled across these little cheery fellas in the lovely 'cox and cox' catalogue, i think they would be a lovely addition to my hallway.






9. Christmas shopping has begun, not entirely necessary yet, but I like buying things, so it's just a way of buying things I'm meant to be buying rather than things I shouldn't be. ( that said I did find a lovely ring for £2 the other day in Dorothy Perkins, would've been rude not to at that price wouldn't it ? ) Did i mention i live across the road from a retail park? I can see the fluorescent signs luring me into their glare from my bedroom window. I am more of a 'little independant shops on a cobbled street' shopper, but when you can only walk a short distance and that takes you to a train station in one direction, or the retail park in the other, it's a given that i end up being dragged kicking and screaming into their doors to spend our cash.


10. This week I have been pondering this shocking statistic.....'The United Nations estimated that 2 - 4 Million women and children are trafficked around the world for purposes of forced prostitution, labour and other forms of exploitation every year.' This is just horrific. I find myself at a total loss as to what to do about it. There are hundreds of people campaigning and fighting against this monstrous criminal activity. But I can't help but think there is more should be doing to contribute to fighting against this evil which is so deeply embedded into our world.  I'm not sure if it's enough to just sit back and hope and pray that someone else somewhere will sort it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment