Thursday, 25 July 2013

The Week

This week has been the first of five when the husbando is off work. We decided to make a bit of a schedule for the week, so I got enough rest, and he knew what was happening when. We have learned from a few bad holiday times, that this is a good recipe for our family.

I am so contended right now. Tired, but not totally exhausted, which is preferable.
Husbando tends to do the nights with our newest member, and I spend most afternoons in bed, this means we can usually do something for a few hours altogether in the morning.


Today was a trip to a museum. The day had a bumpy start, all very happy, we just realised our little tyke had made it to the train station - sans underwear. With a flowing dress on, we soon realised what had occurred, and Daddy had to hot step it back home to bring knickers ! I have to confess I was vaguely aware that she might not have underwear on, but kept on forgetting and then kind of just hoped I would have some in the change bag somewhere. ( she also had her dress on back to front - that was much more easily remedied )

When all Deane family members were suitable clad with underwear, we boarded the train and made our way to the city centre, the journey was a happy one, LT kept all adults within close proximity amused, with her commentary on the journey, and every so often shouting down the train to Daddy ( who was standing with the pushchair ) 'ARE YOU ALRIGHT DOWN THERE DADDY?'  She just about falls into the category of being young and cute enough to get away with such a few months, it will just seem annoying.

I was fairly pleased to hot step it around the museum at a 2 year olds concentration pace, not being a huge fan of museums, and my energy reserves flashing on dangerously low, a quick look at the aquarium and a few dinosaur fossils ticked our 'been to the museum' box nicely. We had a cafe pit stop, then loaded up our pushchair/wagon of children and junk and off we went, back to the station to make our way home, on a very hot sweaty train.

The deed was done, we just about made it home. I collapsed into bed, spent, but happy.

When living with the CFS monster, it's unpredictability can be hard to cope with. On days like today when it allows us to do what feels like a normal family morning, I am one happy lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment